National Construction Code

Previous ImageNext Image
  • pexels-photo-239886
  • pexels-photo-110469

The National Construction Code, which incorporates the Building Code of Australia (BCA) has various sections requiring the construction between sole occupancy units or premises to meet various minimum standards. These relate to a whole range of premises, such as student accommodation, townhouses, apartment buildings, aged care facilities and hotels.

The acoustic separation of townhouses, guest house or hostel is outlined in Part 3.8.6 of Volume 1 of the BCA. Whereas, the minimum requirements for apartments and aged care facilities is outlined in Part F5 of Volume 2.

The acoustic separation of ‘sole’ occupancy units not only includes the acoustic ratings for the walls and floors, but also hydraulic services (including down pipes) and electrical services.